Northern Berkshire Township No. 2, Partridgefield, was purchased by Governor Francis Bernard, Oliver Partridge and Elisha Jones as land speculation in 1762. It was divided into 63 settling lots and incorporated in 1771. It remained Partridgefield until 1805 when the name Peru was selected. A church was designed and built in 1808 by Shadrack Pierce. This Federal building was rebuilt in 1848 and replaced in the late 19th century. Little is left of historical importance. The Creamer Store and Post Office was purchased and removed to a museum village at Moodus, Connecticut about 1973.
Historic Preservation Report